Private evaluators are available to provide testing for your child.
A school that specializes in your child’s disability can be a good resource.
Questions to ask a Private Evaluator:
- When is the first available appointment?
- What is the cost of an evaluation? Is there a sliding scale?
- What types of insurance is accepted?
- Who will do the actually testing?
When speaking with the evaluator before your initial appointment, have with you the following:
- Your child’s school reports
- Formulate a description of your child’s issues
- Be prepared to tell the evaluator why you are seeking an evaluation.
- Ask what testing the evaluation includes
- Will they review the school evaluations and add to what you already know about your child?
- Will they highlight gaps in your child learning and help you document your child’s educational progress or lack of progress?
- Are they knowledgeable about the disabilities and language used in state and Federal laws?
- How detailed will their recommendation be? Will their recommendations include the number of times/days for therapies/remediation?
- Will they recommend specific programs?
- How long after the testing can you except your report (avg. 6-8 weeks)?
- Will they attend your Team meeting at school & if so, is there an extra cost?
- Do they have a referring relationship with the school district? (is there a conflict of interest)?
- Have they done work for your school district or regional collaborative?
Private Evaluators (links provided by SEPAC members)
Child Development Network Lexington, MA 781-861-6655
Please note that the Concord Public/Concord-Carlisle Regional SEPAC does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information presented on any third-party website listed on this site. In addition, the SEPAC does not endorse any of the informational content appearing on third-party websites or any of the providers listed on the SEPAC website. The SEPAC merely provides a listing of organizations available to consumers. It is up to you, the consumer, to do your due diligence.