What is SEPAC?
We are parents of special education students who have voluntarily joined together to provide information and support to families of children in special education. We meet regularly with school administrators to give our input on the policies and programs that affect our children.
The mission of the Concord and Concord-Carlisle Regional School District Special Education Parent Advisory Council is to provide education and information to parents, caregivers, and the broader community on special education issues and services, to establish better understanding of, respect for, and support of special education, and to work with the Concord Public Schools and Concord-Carlisle Regional School District to ensure that students’ needs under Massachusetts Special Education regulations 603 CMR 28.07(04)* and other applicable laws are being met.
*Please refer to our bylaws for wording regarding this regulation
Our Recent Accomplishments
- SEPAC liaisons at all district schools
- Workshops that are topical for ALL students and families
- Parent/Caregiver meet-ups
- SEPAC representative on all School Advisory Committees
- Accept the Challenge Program for grades 2 and 3
- Annual SEPAC Appreciation Awards
- First Responder Form